Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Indianapolis Zoo

Went to the zoo after picking up Briana from school. We have an annual pass which I highly recommend if you like doing things like this - it takes the pressure off having to see everything when you visit. When we get tired or just ready to go, we can go without feeling like we missed anything, cause we can see it the next time! I'm constantly having to tell the kids, "We can come back anytime we want, we'll see the "whatever" next time." The sea lions are one of the kids favorite stops. They have a huge male sea lion that will climb up on the rock and knock off the others. LOL! Briana and Logan laugh and laugh!
One Walrus in the tank is 11 feet long! HUGE! I didn't take a picture in front of the glass because I didn't want the kids to get near it. You can kind of see the yellow tape in this picture. One of the glasss windows is spider cracked over the entire thing - I'm scared to death it will break when MY kids get in front of it. LOL!! I know I'm silly, but with the way Logan is always getting hurt it would be just my luck!
We didn't know that a lot of the public schools were on Spring break, so the place was crowded, but again we just saw our favorites and decided to come back later. The dolphin show is a definite favorite so we stopped there and because it was a hot day I let the kids talk me into sitting in the splash zone! Here they are up close and personal with one of the dolphins. Oh BTW, we did get wet, but the sun dried us up pretty fast.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: