Monday, February 25, 2008

Just Thinking . . .

I've been going through a lot of songs lately getting ready for some revivals that I'm going to be singing at in the spring. I've come across the familiar and the "over-used", but some of them have really caught my attention because of the words. Now, I'm not an eloquent writer like some of my blogging friends, but I want to share some of the lyrics to these songs. One in particular right now is called "Trust His Heart". The words really caught my attention. We've been going through some tough times lately and I rejoice when God sends encouragement to me. And it is usually through a song.
Trust His Heart
All things work for our good, though sometimes we don't see how they could.
Struggles that break our hearts in two, sometimes blinds us to the truth.
Our Father knows what's best for us, His ways are not our own.
So when your pathway grows dim, and you just don't see Him.
Remember you're never Alone
He sees the master plan and He holds our future in His hand.
So don't live as those who have no hope, all our hope is found in Him.
We see the present clearly, but He see the first and the last.
And like a tapestry He's weaving you and me to someday be just like Him.
He alone is faithful and true. He alone knows what is best for you.
God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
So when you don't understand
When you don't see His plan
When you can't trace His hand
TRUST HIS HEART
I don't know if someone out there might have needed to read these words or not, but I'm so thankful that when we can't see the purpose in the things that happen daily, God sees the Masterpiece that will come when all those days are put together in a beautiful tapestry.
As you might have figured I love music, and I can't help but think about the song "One Day at a Time". God has to remind me often that I need to take each day as it comes, leave it in His hands and know that He is too wise to be mistaken and too good to be unkind - I can Trust His Heart.

3 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

thanks for your words of encouragement & for the post too...it was exactly what i needed to hear! hope you're having a good week! :-)

Kim Davis said...

Thanks so much for posting that song! It is a blessing to me!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite songs! I have a poem on the sidebar of my blog that's called Drawn to His heart and its similar to the words of that song.