Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update!

Hi All,

Yes, it's me "long time no see", right? Scroll on down and you'll see what we've been up to the last couple of months. School is in full swing now and on top of everything else I do, I am now the Music Teacher at Nazarene Christian School (where the kids go). I teach Band and Theory to 1st grade through 12th grade and since it's been 7 years since I graduated with my music degree from GBS, I've had to do some refresher courses, but I'm getting into the swing of things now.

Some of you might have heard about the birthday gift I received from my parents, but for those of you who didn't here goes.
I've had the awesome privilege of being the song evangelist in some revivals and camp meetings the past couple of years in our area and have been asked if I had a recording. My response, "No, but I would love to some day", knowing that it would probably never happen because of the money and such. Well, for my 30th birthday my parents graciously and lovingly have provided the funds for me to do my very first recording and I'm already in the process of making this wonderful dream come true. We contacted the Collingsworths (friends of ours since we went to church together in Burlington when we lived in Ohio) and they recommended a studio in Cincinnati. So to make a long story short, I've picked the 10 songs and the ball is rolling. Hopefully, I'll be finished by the end of the year. If you think of it pray for me, I don't want this to be about me, but about Glorifying my Heavenly Father. So I want His blessing in making sure the correct songs are chosen and His blessing on the recording all together.

Again, I'll try to blog sooner next time. I do have an application in for high speed Internet through our Energy company, so pray that it comes soon so it will be a lot easier and sooner to get the blogs.

Lots of Love to all my friends and family!!
Lanee'

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Enjoyed all your pictures and update! I think Brianna's comment about marrying a farmer takes the cake! How funny! Also, they look so cute in their school uniforms...growing up so fast!

Lisa R said...

I still have yet to scroll down, but thought I'd comment on what I've read so far: congrats on the teaching position!! Mr. Wolf would be proud :-) Also, I'm so excited to hear about your recording! Bro. Miles would be glad about that... I'll never forget him commenting on hearing your voice for the first time - he was quite impressed. love ya, girlie!

Jason said...

I'm still reading...

Anonymous said...

boy...when you post you really post...
thanks for bringing us up to date with your lives.
Happy Birthday to Logan ..the kids are really growing...
sounds like your really busy too...
we enjoyed all the pictures...

Kristina Clemens said...

congrats on all your latest accomplishments...including Dannie!She's getting soooo big.